takes 5 mins
makes 1 ½ cups
- 2 free range large eggs
- 3 - 5 tbsp lemon juice (I like mine zingy)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard, I've also used Bush Honey Mustard which is great if you want a bit of texture and mild honey like taste
- ½ tsp salt (I used Volcanic which has a unique taste & is packed with minerals)
- a good pinch of white pepper
- 1¼ cups neutral oil (I used Grapeseed)
- Place all ingredients in a narrow bowl or jug and whizz with a hand held or wand mixer (this is key – it won’t work in a food processor because it needs the speed of the wand to make it emulsify).
- It will thicken at once to create a creamy mayonnaise.
- Add ¼ cup more neutral oil if desired to create a thicker mayo or a little hot water to give a thinner consistency.
- Mayo will keep for up to 2 weeks in a jar in the fridge. Enjoy!