takes 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup black olives, stones removed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- freshly cracked pepper
- 4 white fish fillets
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chilli oil (optional)
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped thyme or try parsley, basil, dill, or chives or a mix
- lemon wedges to serve
- 1/2 cup black rice to serve (or use your favourite rice)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesean cheese or 1/2 block crumbled feta or even good ole cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Put rice on to cook. My rice took around 20 minutes (follow packet instructions)
- Heat oil in an ovenproof pot over a medium heat and cook onions and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in olives, tomatoes and season with freshly cracked pepper.
- Bring to the boil then remove from heat and add fish fillets, spooning sauce over them, followed by a drizzle of chilli oil.
- Sprinkle over breadcrumbs and bake for about 5-10 minutes. Take out of oven, sprinkle with cheese & finish off under the grill to brown up the top.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve straight from the pan with lemon wedges on the side and rice. Enjoy!