takes 1 hour to roast, 10 minutes to prepare
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled & cut into 5cm cubes
- 2 apples, quartered & cored
- 1 large fennel bulb, cut into wedges
- 1 large brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic bulb, peel away the outer layers of the bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Place pumpkin, apples, fennel & onion in a large roasting pan with the garlic bulb in the centre. Drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle with fennel seeds. Season well with sea salt & freshly ground pepper.
- Roast for one hour, turning half way through.
- Let vegetables cool slightly then transfer to a large pot and add stock.
- Using a hand blender, whiz until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of yoghurt. Cover and reheat slowly on the stove top.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!