takes 10 minutes to prepare, 1 hour to bake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g unsalted chilled butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 kg bag of frozen blueberries or 5 cups fresh
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Grease a non stick tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Pulse 1 cup flour, 2 tbsp sugar and the salt in food processor until blended. Add butter; pulse just until coarse crumbs form. Add vinegar; pulse just until blended. Turn out dough and press together.
- Press dough evenly onto sides and bottom of prepared tart pan. Top with 3 cups berries
- Mix remaining 2 tbsp flour, 2/3 cup sugar and cinnamon and evenly sprinkle over berries, then drizzle with almond extract.
- Bake tart 50 to 60 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven and top with remaining 2 cups of blueberries
- Let cool in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy!