takes 40 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded & sliced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 700g firm white fish, cut into chunks
- 4 uncooked king prawns, peeled & deveined
- pinch saffron threads
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large deep pan, add the onion, celery and fennel & cooked over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes & bell peppers and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the fish, king prawn and all the spices then reduce heat & simmer for 5-10 minutes until fish is slightly opaque in the middle and flakes easily.
- Stir in the lemon juice and coriander.
- Season to taste. I served mine with a dollop of mint, chilli & coriander paste or you could use pesto or nothing at all. Enjoy!