40 minutes to bake vegetables, 10 minutes to finish
- 2-3 large tomatoes, halved crossways
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 garlic bulb, peel away the outer layers of the bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic
- 2 medium size kumara, peeled & chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Arrange tomatoes (cut side up), fennel, onion, kumara & the garlic bulb in a large heavy-based roasting pan. Pour a dash of olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Gently toss vegetables to coat in oil. Roast for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender & caramelised around the edges.
- Transfer vegetables and pan juices to a large saucepan. Add stock and half the cannellini beans. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, blend mixture until smooth.
- Return to low heat, stir in remaining cannellini beans. Season to taste. Heat soup until hot.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve with fresh french bread. Enjoy!