takes about 40mins
- about 2-3 cups of chopped cauliflower, I didn't even bother defrosting, just threw it straight into the oven
- 1 garlic bulb, peel away the outer layers of the bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews, soak in water while roasting cauli
- 1 tbsp miso paste OR sea salt
- leaves from fresh thyme (I have plenty in the garden if you are local & want some!)
- 3 cups of water OR vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika OR plain paprika
- 1/2 large lemon
- pinch chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 200oC. Spread cauliflower & garlic on a roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes until golden, rotating cauli half way through.
- Add cauli to a blender along with drained cashews, thyme leaves, miso, lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups of water or stock.
- Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without
- Blend until pureed then add 1 tbsp olive oil, paprika and rest of the water/stock. Blend again. At this stage I transferred into a saucepan and finished off with a stick blender as I had over filled my food processor!
- Pour into a saucepan (if you haven't already) and check seasoning. Add more salt & pepper if you wish.
- Reheat on a very low heat until just warm. You might have to pop a lid on the saucepan to prevent the soup hitting the walls.
- Serve with toast on the side & enjoy!