takes 40 minutes
- 2 cups dried pasta (I used wholemeal penne)
- 2 cups edamame beans, mine were still frozen in their pods
- 1 cup peas, frozen is ok
- 1 large can tuna chunks in water, drained
- bunch of garlic chives, chopped (or spring onions/onions)
- 2 cups trim milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Cook pasta following packet instructions. Add in edamame beans & peas for last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta & vegetables. Cool slightly and then pop the edamame out of their pods. Place pasta & vegetables into a lightly oiled baking dish & stir in drained tuna.
- Meanwhile throw a little butter in a pot on a medium heat. Cook chives (or onions) until soft. Add flour and cook for a further minute before adding milk slowly, whisking together to create a smooth sauce. Cook until it thickens slightly.
- Pour over pasta & vegetables.
- Place tomatoes over the top & sprinkle with breadcrumbs & cheese and season with freshly cracked pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown & cheese has melted. Plate up & enjoy!