takes 15 minutes
- 1-2 steaks, depends how large, go for a good quality steak. For those in NZ Silver Fern Farms offer a fantastic range
- 1 jar (200g) massaman curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk (400mL)
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- Big bunch baby spinach leaves
- Head of broccoli, trimmed into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cauliflower (for the rice) OR just use normal rice and cook following packets instructions
- Grab your fry pan and heat over a high heat. Season steak then add to hot fry pan, can take between 6-10 minutes depending on how you like your steak done and thickness. Let it rest for 5 minutes then cut into slices and set aside.
- Add the curry paste to the hot pan and cook for a few seconds until it becomes aromatic. Add coconut milk and peanut butter & stir so the peanut butter is melted. Add broccoli pieces and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering cut cauliflower into florets and grate using using your food processor (normal blades work if you don't have a grater blade) or hand held grater to give you cauliflower 'rice'. Place in a serving bowl.
- Add baby spinach to the pan & cook until it wilts slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Return steak to the sauce and bring back to a simmer just to warm it through. Taste and season.
- Serve curry on a bed of the cauli 'rice'. Enjoy!
Adapted from Jules Clancy, Stone Soup