roasting time: 2 1/2 hours
- 1 kilo of boned lamb shoulder, cut into large pieces
- 2 red onions, peeled & cut into wedges
- 6 small waxy potatoes, cut into large pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 each of orange & lemon, zest & juice
- 10 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 12 large green olives
- 2 tsp dried oregano (I used fresh thyme since it's abundant in my garden at the moment)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 150 grams feta
- Preheat oven to 180oC
- Combine all the ingredients (except feta) in a large roasting dish & season.
- Cover with lid (or tin foil) and roast for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, turning the lamb every 30 minutes or so.
- Uncover the lamb & top with feta, spooning some of the juices over the top.
- Bake uncovered for a further 15-20 minutes or until feta is golden brown. Serve with a salad or steamed broccoli & enjoy!