Takes 20 minutes
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, crushed but not chopped up
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed & halved
- 3 red chillies, whole
- 24 prawns, shelled & deveined
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 16 mushrooms, chopped so they are a similar size to the prawns
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 200 grams rice noodles or vermicelli
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Divide between
- In a saucepan, heat the stock, add the kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and chillies. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Strain leaves, lemongrass & chillies.
- Add the prawns, fish sauce, sugar & mushrooms and simmer for a further 3 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the lemon juice, stir then pour over the noodles. Garnish with fresh coriander. Enjoy!