takes 20 minutes
- 500 grams venison mince (I use Silver Fern Farms)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2-3 chillies, finely sliced (red or green)
- 3 small limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup vietnamese mint, roughly chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- Heat a fry pan to medium-high heat and cook onions, garlic & chilli until soft. Add venison and cook until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Add all remaining ingredients except coriander & mint.
- Wash iceberg lettuce, discard outer leaves.
- Spoon the mixture into the lettuce cups.
- Garnish with coriander, mint & chilli strips.