takes around 30 minutes
- 600 grams carrots, peeled & cut into thick batons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 250 gram packet crunchy bean combo
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- small handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 100 grams feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp sultanas, roughly chopped
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Carrots: toss the carrots with olive oil, cumin, salt & pepper and place on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender & golden. Set aside.
- Couscous: cook the couscous in plenty of boiling salted water for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain & refresh under cold water then drain again. Toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
- Dressing: whisk the oil, vinegar, paprika, honey, garlic & chilli in a bowl, season then stir in capers & sultanas.
- To serve: put the couscous, carrots, bean combo, spring onions & mint in a large serving bowl and toss with the dressing. Add the feta and gently combine. Bon appetit!
From Dish Magazine