Serves 2 piglets
Takes around 15 minutes
- 1 roasted free-range chicken
- 1 large lettuce of choice i.e., cos or iceberg lettuce
- bunch of grapes (or use seasonal fruit such as apricots, destoned & cut into wedges, pear slices or orange segments)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup pistachios (or plain roasted cashews or peanuts)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander or mint leaves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp fresh orange juice (1 large orange or 2 small ones)
- finely grated zest & juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- To make the Orange Dressing place all the ingredients into a jar and give it a good shake. Put aside in fridge.
- Strip chicken from bones discarding the skin and fat. Roughly shred into bite size pieces. Place into a bowl and toss with half the dressing.
- Grab a serving bowl and layer with the lettuce, top with grapes, spring onions, nuts & fresh herbs.
- Add the chicken and remaining chook and toss gently. Bon appétit!