Takes 60 minutes (including cooking time)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- bag spinach (depends how big your marrow is), leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground fennel seed (or 1/2 tsp tarragon)
- large handful fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground pepper, salt to season
- 1 large mozzarella ball, diced
- 1 large marrow, halved & hollowed out
- 2 free range eggs
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan over low-medium heat & stir in garlic, cook until slightly brown, 2-3 minutes. Add rosemary and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add in spinach, handful at a time until wilted.
- Transfer to a bowl, add fennel, basil and season. Let it cool. This mixture smells divine!
- Add mozzarella.
- Cut marrow in half & trim ends. Hollow out creating a bowl, leave a 2cm shell.
- Discard flesh & seeds.
- Place spinach mixture into each half.
- Whisk 2 eggs & milk in a bowl, lightly season & pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake until quiche filling is set & marrow shells are tender, about 40 minutes. Enjoy!