Takes around 30mins
- 1 cup (200g) quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas, blanched, refreshed, drained
- 1 courgette, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest & juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 x skinless salmon fillets
- Put quinoa & stock into a pot over a medium heat & bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low & simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, cover & set aside.
- Place mint (save a few leaves for garnishing), parmesan & 2 tbsp olive oil in a food processor, then whiz until a coarse paste.
- Add the peas, garlic, lemon zest & juice & blend until all combined. Season & put aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in fry-pan over medium-high heat. Season salmon & cook for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked but still a little rare in the centre. Rest for 5 minutes, then pull apart into bite size pieces.
- Combine quinoa with pesto, then stir in courgette. Place salmon & mint leaves over top. Enjoy!