Takes around 30 mins
- glug olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes or fresh red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups miso (mix 2 tbsp miso with hot water) - or just use stock
- 2 chicken breasts or 4-6 thighs, sliced into bite size pieces
- bag of green beans, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- head of broccoli, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup of pearl couscous
- fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- In a large suacepan, warm oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, chilli, lemon & onion & cook until onion is soft.
- Add stock & bring to a simmer.
- Add couscous and cook for around 2 minutes or until couscous starts to get soft.
- Add beans, spring onions, broccoli & cook for another 2 minutes
- Add chicken & cook until chicken is just done and couscous is soft in the middle.
- Spoon into bowls, top with fresh coriander leaves & enjoy!