with some alternative additions.
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3/4 cups water
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- 110g mix of chopped nuts such as cashews, peanuts, almonds OR 1/2 cup of crunch peanut butter
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 makrut lime leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- ¾-1 can coconut milk (shake well before opening)
- 1 block tofu, diced 2cm
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 baby bok choy, end trimmed 1cm and rinsed OR red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 carrot OR Raddish thinly sliced
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- ½ punnet micro-coriander, freshly snipped OR fresh coriander OR parsley chopped
- Combine rice, water and a pinch of salt in a pot and bring to the boil. As soon as it boils, cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce to lowest heat to cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and leave to steam, still covered, for a further 8 minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- When rice has 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat sesame oil in a medium fry-pan on medium heat. Toast supernut mix with peanuts for about 1 minute, until toasted OR add crunch peanut butter to oil and stir for 1 minute.
- Add shallots, makrut leaf, salt and ginger to pan and cook a further 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add tofu and first measures of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce to pan, and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until thick and creamy. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While tofu simmers, whisk together second measures of soy sauce, sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce and rice wine vinegar in a large bowl.
- Thinly slice bok choy; cut carrot into thin matchsticks or grate; roughly chop baby spinach leaves OR your choice of slaw ingredients. Toss in a large bowl with dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon ¾ cup cooked brown rice into each bowl and spoon over super nut tofu satay with plenty of sauce. Top with a handful of Asian slaw and garnish with coriander. Super yum!